I was a carefree kid, I thought I was invisible to anyone and everyone. I didn’t think for a second that my life would change in a heart beat, and I didn’t think that I would affect others lifes for the choice that I made.
On January 17, 2000 at the age of 6 I made the biggest mistake ever in my life, and it almost cost me losing my life and never being here. I wouldn’t listen to my mother what so ever that day about leaving my boiling eggs alone, and I decided to step up on to the open stove lid and start stirring the eggs in the boiling water. My sister came in with me and started to talk to me about a trick she just made. My mom turned just for a second, and when I went to step off the lid I stepped off wrong and that’s when it happened. The stove flipped over and barely just shut me in the stove. My sister was holding it up with her back and my mom flung it back up off of us. I remember screaming and smoke, and the worst part of all the smell of burning flesh.. I didn’t know at the time that it was me I was smelling, not until my mom threw my clothes off of me and all you could see was flesh. The boiling water hit me perfectly, and it didn’t help that I backed up into the fire on the floor from the burner flying off.
Still to this day though I don’t know why or how the burner missed me with the angle that I was in and the fact that it was right in front me. All i know is that I was being watched over for sure that day, because that day my mom decided to use a small pot for boiling eggs. If she would have used the big one like she normally did I wouldn’t be here because it would have instantly killed me. If it would have hit my heart like it almost did I wouldn’t be here. The shock that my body went through that day almost killed me, but I was strong and lived through it. I know that God was there with me that day.
Ever since that day I will say that I do believe in God and Jesus, I know that they are there watching over me. You may not believe in them, but that’s alright because I’m not going to make you. But I know that I do and always will. I wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for them, my mother, sister, father, and brothers mom.
I’m a burn survivor and I’m proud of it, because in the end it shows that I am strong. It showed me that in life don’t take things for granted, and think before you do. In an instant your life can be taken away, or changed for the rest of your life. ♥